Mobile Technologies International policies and practises.
We at Mobile Technologies International (“MTI”) respect your privacy. This policy sets out our practices and approach to respectful handling of your personal information. In order to serve you better and understand your needs and interests, MTI collects, exports and uses some of your information. For example, when you order products or services, request information, subscribe to marketing, enter competitions or participate in surveys we may ask you to provide personal information to complete these transactions. The types of personal information you provide to us on these pages may include contact information such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address; financial information such as your credit card number; and other unique information.
If you have any questions about this policy or wish to access your personal information, please feel free to contact us via, firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.0 INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information (PI) is any information about an individual from which their identity can be ascertained (such as name, email address, or telephone number). You, or someone acting on your behalf, may provide PI to us when you interact with us online and off line.
• We may gather such things as name, physical address, email address and phone number when you contact or communicate with us;
• We may gather information such as the products and services you purchase, license, download or register, as well as financial information such as credit card numbers when you engage in transactions with us;
• Certain products and services you license, purchase or download from MTI may connect and transmit telemetry and system/product data to MTI (or its authorized agents). This data may include, but is not limited to, fleet data, vehicle speed and vehicle location, and historical vehicle journeys/location;
• We may gather user preferences, product interests, industry focus, community choices and other customer profile information when you register for an online ME_85507155_1 (W2003) account, subscribe to a newsletter, participate in an event, program or promotion, or click on a URL.
2.0 HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
2.1 The information MTI collects to understand your needs and interests helps us deliver a consistent and personalized experience. For example, MTI may use your information to
• assist you in completing a transaction or order;
• prevent and detect fraud or other malicious activity;
• process, fulfill and follow up on transactions and requests for products, services, support, training and information;
• create and maintain an account and register products and solutions;
• communicate with you about products and services;
• provide service and support;
• update you on new services and benefits;
• provide personalised promotional offers;
• select content to be communicated to you;
• improve or personalise our website; and
• allow you to participate in contests and surveys.
• any other uses should also be inserted here – for example, does MTI keep a record of customers’ tracking/gps history? If so, this should be included here.
2.2 We will give you the opportunity to choose your privacy preferences regarding the communications we send via post or email.
2.3 The testimonials posted at www.MTI.com.au are only posted with the express permission of the individual or company who provided that testimonial.
2.4 Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Credit card information and other sensitive personal information required to process a credit [payment?] is not used for any other purpose by our financial services providers or MTI and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services.
2.5 We may also use your personal information for other purposes to which you have consented or where authorised or required by law.ME_85507155_1 (W2003)
3.0 HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
3.1 MTI will only disclose your personal information to third parties as contemplated by this privacy statement, or as otherwise authorised or required by law. MTI shares personal information in the following ways:
3.2 MTI retains service providers and suppliers to assist us to deliver products, services and customer solutions and with marketing and communication initiatives. These providers and suppliers include, for example, credit card processors, providers of customer support, email service providers, automated data processors, and shipping agents who are obliged to handle customer information according to applicable privacy laws. Suppliers and service providers are required by us to keep confidential the information received on behalf of MTI and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for MTI.
3.3 We may also disclose your PI as follows;
• To our subsidiaries to support business and marketing processes;
• To our service providers and suppliers, who are acting and using your information solely on our behalf;
• As necessary, if we suspect a violation of our policies or to protect the rights or safety of any person or entity;
• Based on a good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary to respond to judicial process, valid government inquiry, or as otherwise required or authorised by law;
• In the event that MTI or any of its assets are acquired, your information may be transferred with the company or the asset;
• To other third-parties for purposes you have allowed; or
• To other third parties with your consent.
4.0 NOTICE AND CHOICE
MTI gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain product- and service-specific information and also choose to receive MTI general communications. We give you a choice regarding delivery of MTI general communications by post, email and telephone.
4.1 You can make or change your choices about receiving either subscription or general communications at the data collection point or by using other methods, which are listed in the ME_85507155_1 (W2003) following sections. This option does not apply to communications primarily for the purpose of administering order completion, contracts, support, product safety warnings, driver updates, or other administrative and transactional notices as the primary purpose of these communications is not promotional in nature.
4.2 The email communications that you receive from MTI will be provided in accordance with this statement. Subscription communications include email newsletters, software updates, etc. that may be expressly requested by you or which you consented to receive. After you request such communications, you may opt out of receiving them by using one of the following methods:
• Select the email “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in each subscription communication.
• Write to the MTI privacy office, at Level 3, 18-20 Compark Circuit Mulgrave Vic 3170. Be sure to provide your name, email and postal address, and specific relevant information about the MTI subscriptions that you no longer wish to receive. Please be aware that when you opt out of receiving certain subscription communications, it may affect the services you have chosen to receive from MTI where accepting the communications is a condition of receiving the services.
5.0 KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
MTI takes seriously the trust you place in us. To reduce the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure and the inappropriate use of your PI, MTI employs various physical, technical and administrative procedures to safeguard the PI we collect. When collecting or transferring sensitive information such as credit card information we use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The personal information you provide us is stored on computer systems located in controlled facilities which have limited access. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as credit card number or password) over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Credit card numbers are used only for processing payments and are not used for other purposes.
6.0 CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENTME_85507155_1 (W2003)
If we change our privacy statement, we will post the revised statement here, with an updated revision date. If we make significant changes to our statement, we may also notify you by other means, such as sending an email or posting a notice on our home page.
7.0 CONTACTING US
We value your opinions. If you have comments or questions about our privacy statement, please send them to the MTI privacy office at, Level 3, 18-20 Compark Circuit Mulgrave Vic 3170.